KMP Digitata is looking for a UX designer ready to take the next step to head up our department responsible for UX, digital creative and frontend development. If you have proven leadership qualities and experience managing creative types, and can come up with amazing digital solutions to our clients’ needs, you might be the one we’re looking for.
In addition to project work, the Head of UX&D will help to shape the User Experience, manage and mentor designers and front end developers whilst playing a major role in business development.
You will have come from a user experience, digital design or front-end background or possibly a producer background. You will certainly be used to designing delightful digital experiences on a range of channels, liaising with clients, running workshops to gather and understand requirements, UX&D and wireframing, managing creative and frontend output and presenting creative with rationale.
The role also includes work on our own products with which we’re constantly striving to innovate.
• Serve as a user experience lead by gathering requirements based on business goals and user needs
• Research and analyse the competitive landscape in order to inform recommendations relating to digital strategy and business opportunities
• Conduct collaborative workshops, consult with clients, and create pertinent deliverables to effectively understand and communicate stakeholder needs
• Work with the strategy and client services team to identify digital strategies and tactics that can deliver results for our clients.
• Create UX deliverables: personas and scenarios, sitemaps, user flow diagrams, low and high-fidelity wireframes/prototypes, and content strategy documents
• Lead and conduct in-person or remote user research activities including scenario and task writing, user interviews and usability testing.
• Facilitate client-facing meetings in a clear, articulate, and professional manner
• Lead the internal design and front end team to ensure that website and application designs meet both client and end user needs
• Communicate updates to the project managers, client services team and/or client on the progression of projects including setting clear expectations
• Manage multiple deadlines and work with project managers to scope project tasks and levels of effort as they pertain to a project or deliverables
• Work with the new business team to deliver pitches and proposals that delight and impress potential clients.
• Proven track record with over 3 years in user-centred design, across mobile/tablet (iOS and Android) and PC
• Working knowledge of web design best practices, including responsive design
• High attention to detail
• Able to translate clients business needs into digital solutions
• Leading edge knowledge of web technologies and digital design
• A great presenter to board level stakeholders
• Excellent document writing skills
• Leadership qualities
• Able to provide constructive feedback to other members of the team
• A desire to push the boundaries of digital design
• A ‘can-do’ attitude and ready to roll up your sleeves
• Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
• Expert knowledge of front end development
• Product design experience
• Experience with data visualisation and data analytics
• Experience with agile/scrum product lifecycles
• Branding and marketing knowledge
• Knowledge of accessibility & SEO
Software / Technical Skills Required:
• Visio or Omnigraffle or Axure Pro
• Excellent understanding Photoshop and Adobe CS
• Bonus scheme based on company performance
• Free lunch Thursdays
• Employee of the month reward scheme
• Flexi-time for urgent/personal matters
• A fantastic team environment
• Child care voucher scheme
• Free Parking
• Great company social programme
• Extra holidays earned with length of service
• 9-5:30pm Mon-Fri
• Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
• 20 days plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
About KMP Digitata
KMP Digitata, established in 1991, excel at creating and managing user-centric digital experiences that deliver outstanding ROI for our clients, who include TUI Travel, Manchester Airports Group, Aberdeen Airport, Nokia, Carrier, Natural Retreats, Shearings, Tensar and many more.
Since our inception we have been at the forefront of cutting edge technology, brand and marketing strategies and implementation as well as dedicating ourselves to discovering and nurturing fresh talent.
In August, due to growth, we are moving to a stunning converted Chapel in central Stockport’s developing New Covent Garden, minutes from Stockport station which provides excellent connections to Manchester city centre.
KMP Digitata prides itself in being one of the Northwest’s original digital agencies with national and international clients.
If you are interested then send your CV and current salary level to Recruitment@kmp.co.uk. Please include a link to your portfolio alongside your application in order to be considered.